THE TEN WORST THINGS YOU CAN DO WHILST TRAVELLING (added 7.03.10)
- Refusing to try to speak a few words of the language of the country you are in.
- Going to a squat toilet in a third world country and forget to take tissues or toilet paper.
- Continuing on from point 2 – but realising this after you have done your business(no, hasn’t happened to me yet, and hopefully never will).
- Not respecting cultures or customs and being ignorant and rude.
- Reading about what to do in the country on the last day you are there and discovering a million things you no longer have the time to do.
- Being afraid to do and try new things.
- To contradict point 6; trusting a room full of drunken navy boys who say come and try new things – well no good will ever come from that.
- Not checking where and what time your transport arrives – leaving you stranded in random roadside hellholes all over the world and repeating this time and time again, after not heeding your own advice the first, second and fifth times.
- Bartering when you have not yet mastered the language, resulting in you paying more than they were asking for in the first place.
- Deluding yourself you actually will get some sleep on a long economy plane ride and feel good enough to then go on a series of overnight bus rides when you arrive.